Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Battlestations series creators went to the bottom
Battlestations series creators went to the bottom
In November we wrote about the exemptions that affected Beautiful Game Studios - the team working on the Championship Manager series. It turns out that there were only cut in the study as part of Square Enix.
In an interview with Develop site Phil Rogers (Head of the European branch of Square Enix) confirmed that the studio Eidos Hungary (Battlestations series creator) has been closed. Interestingly, this happened in October last year, and only now has admitted to that. The reason the decision was not dissatisfaction with the performance of this team. Just found that the addition of the leading RTS (and this is a specialized team) would be extremely difficult and expensive. Even the considerable resources invested in this did not guarantee success and the company decided it was not worth trying.
The news is another chapter in the history of this very confusing studies and the people working there. It all began on the occasion of the Imperium Galactica III. His creation of the publisher decided not to hire Digital Reality (the authors of the previous two parts), but philos Labs. During the production cycle, most philos Labs employees left the company and founded his own studio, which they called Mithis Games. Philos could not weakened to continue the project, and he was suspended. CDV (the then publisher of the game) decided to look for another company who would be able to complete the production. The choice fell on, how could otherwise Mithis Games. In the meantime, changed the title game at the Andromeda Galaxy. However, the CDV experienced financial troubles and eventually took the decision on deletion of this project.
But it was not the end of the story. Developers looking for a new publisher and found it in HD Interactive, allowing the production of the Andromeda Galaxy can continue. Ultimately, the game was released as the Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. Melodrama with Mithis lasted, however, at best. Even before the studio was hired to finish work started on the Nexus Midway - a realistic strategy of war, which this assumption would be prettier counterpart in the Harpoon series of World War II. Until the completion of The Jupiter Incident project is suspended. When he finally resumed, the creators decided to radically change the concept and the game (now called already Battlestations: Midway), transformed into the arcade with light elements of the strategy. There is, however, studies were saved by the final closing in April 2006. At that time also worked Mithis Joint Task Force. People involved in the reorganization of its production in the Most Wanted Entertainment and, ultimately, a finite game released in September of that year. Today the studio is involved in the creation of small titles for mobile phones and NDS.
The production of Battlestations: Midway has taken over the internal Eidos studio, which a lot of people have joined the original team. In the meantime, still remains Mithis accused its former publisher of stealing source code. In the end the game finally came out in early 2007 from the blissful peace prevailed, and last year released a new part of the series entitled Battlestations: Pacific. Now, with the closure of Eidos Hungary started by creating a soap opera Mithis Games came to an end.
The first version of Midway.
I only win ----> My good old proverb
Squadron Players Battlestations Midway ---> http://www.xfire.com/communities/bandito/
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Posts this week:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- New Sticky
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
- Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
- Axis_Crusher : No problem
- Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
- Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
- Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
- Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua
Only registered users are allowed to post