Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Battlestations series creators went to the bottom
Battlestations series creators went to the bottom
In November we wrote about the exemptions that affected Beautiful Game Studios - the team working on the Championship Manager series. It turns out that there were only cut in the study as part of Square Enix.
In an interview with Develop site Phil Rogers (Head of the European branch of Square Enix) confirmed that the studio Eidos Hungary (Battlestations series creator) has been closed. Interestingly, this happened in October last year, and only now has admitted to that. The reason the decision was not dissatisfaction with the performance of this team. Just found that the addition of the leading RTS (and this is a specialized team) would be extremely difficult and expensive. Even the considerable resources invested in this did not guarantee success and the company decided it was not worth trying.
The news is another chapter in the history of this very confusing studies and the people working there. It all began on the occasion of the Imperium Galactica III. His creation of the publisher decided not to hire Digital Reality (the authors of the previous two parts), but philos Labs. During the production cycle, most philos Labs employees left the company and founded his own studio, which they called Mithis Games. Philos could not weakened to continue the project, and he was suspended. CDV (the then publisher of the game) decided to look for another company who would be able to complete the production. The choice fell on, how could otherwise Mithis Games. In the meantime, changed the title game at the Andromeda Galaxy. However, the CDV experienced financial troubles and eventually took the decision on deletion of this project.
But it was not the end of the story. Developers looking for a new publisher and found it in HD Interactive, allowing the production of the Andromeda Galaxy can continue. Ultimately, the game was released as the Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. Melodrama with Mithis lasted, however, at best. Even before the studio was hired to finish work started on the Nexus Midway - a realistic strategy of war, which this assumption would be prettier counterpart in the Harpoon series of World War II. Until the completion of The Jupiter Incident project is suspended. When he finally resumed, the creators decided to radically change the concept and the game (now called already Battlestations: Midway), transformed into the arcade with light elements of the strategy. There is, however, studies were saved by the final closing in April 2006. At that time also worked Mithis Joint Task Force. People involved in the reorganization of its production in the Most Wanted Entertainment and, ultimately, a finite game released in September of that year. Today the studio is involved in the creation of small titles for mobile phones and NDS.
The production of Battlestations: Midway has taken over the internal Eidos studio, which a lot of people have joined the original team. In the meantime, still remains Mithis accused its former publisher of stealing source code. In the end the game finally came out in early 2007 from the blissful peace prevailed, and last year released a new part of the series entitled Battlestations: Pacific. Now, with the closure of Eidos Hungary started by creating a soap opera Mithis Games came to an end.
The first version of Midway.
I only win ----> My good old proverb
Squadron Players Battlestations Midway ---> http://www.xfire.com/communities/bandito/
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : No it was created by multiple authors from around the world. I just made it so its actually a mod instead of a complete game that's about 7GB in size. The readme file that is displayed can give you more info about the mod
- Runsva : hey ntrainz did u make this mod all by yourself?
- N_Trainz : If you need any other help, just shout out and I'll try to get back as soon as possible
- N_Trainz : Its not a problem :D I do thank you for waiting for a long time to get the mod. Again hope you enjoy the mod and the other fun features it comes with
- Legendary Da : I don't know how many times I said that, but thank you so much for your work. Considering how much time making an installer, making it work and uploading it to different servers, I thank you again for the effort you put in this. :D
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Here it is, installers works this time and Moddb won't accept it as they say its too large to upload, so its on my Google Drive and here is the link, hope you enjoy it «link»
- Legendary Da : I had guessed it was about the wrong area, though I still wondered why it had been removed. Thanks for taking your time to make something better for the community. Take as much time as you require, though; life still comes first.
- N_Trainz : Actually it was removed by me for 2 reasons; 1. was it was uploaded in the wrong area and 2. the installer didn't autp - detect the disk version, only the Steam version (since that is what I have). Going to remake it so if you won't mind a but longer wat that'll be appreciated
- Legendary Da : Thanks soo much for the mod, I couldn't access to the Internet lately so I couldn't write a reply. Btw, the mod is removed from ModDB, is it taken down, or you removed it yourself? Either way, thanks for the awesome work (at least for providing it) :D
- N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
- Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
Only registered users are allowed to post