Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
My map idea
My map idea
Yea probably similarly proposed but eh ill give it a shot!
Map name: Cargo by Guadalcanal
Background: A task force of supplies ships and their escorts are inbound for American marines stationed at Guadalcanal who desperately need the supplies to fight back and destroy Japanese resistance on the island. Japanese intelligence however has located the task force and has immediately dispatched a sub force since their other ships are currently patrolling for American forces or is stuck in the dry docks. Their mission is to prevent the supplies from reaching Guadalcanal giving the Japanese enough time to reinforce their garrisons at Guadalcanal.
Order of battle
Player 1: DD DD AK
Player 2: DD DD AK
Player 3: DD DD AK
Player 4: DD DD AK
Player 1: SS SS
Player 2: SS SS
Player 3: SS SS
Player 4: SS SS
Objectives: For the Americans, their objective is to at least get 1 AK or transport ship to the strait on the other side of the map *Indicated by the yellow arrow on the map I made*.
For the Japanese on the other hand, they must sink all AK's BEFORE they reach the strait.
The whole idea of this map is to test Gamingfordummys ability to create a kind of map where your object isn't to eliminate a ship but to get one to a specific position.
Apart from that, this map would require a number a strategies and its concept was based off that multiplayer map where you had to get the Jap fleet to the other side of the map. Even if you successfully sink all the submarines there will still be threats coming from the end islands via Forts blasting away at your transports, which prevents a AK rush without escorts to win the battle.
I couldnt however decide how many forts to put on the map in total so I just stuck to at the end of the map where the AK's needed to go, if this map ever does get made and the US win too easily then sure add more Forts to say... the middle island.
Oh and why Subs and not ships for the Japanese you ask? There isn't any real big Sub operation missions mutliplayer wise at most theres like 2 subs on one map for each team! I know they can be somewhat slow, but I enjoy sub ops especially in the heat in battle in BSM.
Last note for Nemesis
Dude your icon pack for making maps is awesome ^^ but your missing the AA stations and land artillery icons.
Support me on Twitter!
Re: My map idea
Not bad , not bad we add on central island 4 forts, island on north 1 fort , island on south 1 fort and 2 islands on west 2x2 forts
So 4+1+1+4= 10 forts maybe too many but we see after.
I only win ----> My good old proverb
Squadron Players Battlestations Midway ---> http://www.xfire.com/communities/bandito/
Re: My map idea
not a bad idea
i can play around with the get to position to acieve mission objective
so far i stil havent (totally) gotten to it
but the map ideas are beginning to pile up
we should really start piecing together a moddersteam that can make basic maps
Cause so far we have 4 ideas, yet i haven't even been able to work on the next map
Re: My map idea
well, if we rush on this to get all maps done, the result isn't going to be good bcs we worked to fast
just ease up and work map by map
great idea Tipsy
Xbox Live: M0n3yBE
Battlestations: Midway (PC) : M0n3yBE
Company of Heroes : M0n3y
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : No it was created by multiple authors from around the world. I just made it so its actually a mod instead of a complete game that's about 7GB in size. The readme file that is displayed can give you more info about the mod
- Runsva : hey ntrainz did u make this mod all by yourself?
- N_Trainz : If you need any other help, just shout out and I'll try to get back as soon as possible
- N_Trainz : Its not a problem :D I do thank you for waiting for a long time to get the mod. Again hope you enjoy the mod and the other fun features it comes with
- Legendary Da : I don't know how many times I said that, but thank you so much for your work. Considering how much time making an installer, making it work and uploading it to different servers, I thank you again for the effort you put in this. :D
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Here it is, installers works this time and Moddb won't accept it as they say its too large to upload, so its on my Google Drive and here is the link, hope you enjoy it «link»
- Legendary Da : I had guessed it was about the wrong area, though I still wondered why it had been removed. Thanks for taking your time to make something better for the community. Take as much time as you require, though; life still comes first.
- N_Trainz : Actually it was removed by me for 2 reasons; 1. was it was uploaded in the wrong area and 2. the installer didn't autp - detect the disk version, only the Steam version (since that is what I have). Going to remake it so if you won't mind a but longer wat that'll be appreciated
- Legendary Da : Thanks soo much for the mod, I couldn't access to the Internet lately so I couldn't write a reply. Btw, the mod is removed from ModDB, is it taken down, or you removed it yourself? Either way, thanks for the awesome work (at least for providing it) :D
- N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
- Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
Only registered users are allowed to post