Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
My map idea
My map idea
Yea probably similarly proposed but eh ill give it a shot!
Map name: Cargo by Guadalcanal
Background: A task force of supplies ships and their escorts are inbound for American marines stationed at Guadalcanal who desperately need the supplies to fight back and destroy Japanese resistance on the island. Japanese intelligence however has located the task force and has immediately dispatched a sub force since their other ships are currently patrolling for American forces or is stuck in the dry docks. Their mission is to prevent the supplies from reaching Guadalcanal giving the Japanese enough time to reinforce their garrisons at Guadalcanal.
Order of battle
Player 1: DD DD AK
Player 2: DD DD AK
Player 3: DD DD AK
Player 4: DD DD AK
Player 1: SS SS
Player 2: SS SS
Player 3: SS SS
Player 4: SS SS
Objectives: For the Americans, their objective is to at least get 1 AK or transport ship to the strait on the other side of the map *Indicated by the yellow arrow on the map I made*.
For the Japanese on the other hand, they must sink all AK's BEFORE they reach the strait.
The whole idea of this map is to test Gamingfordummys ability to create a kind of map where your object isn't to eliminate a ship but to get one to a specific position.
Apart from that, this map would require a number a strategies and its concept was based off that multiplayer map where you had to get the Jap fleet to the other side of the map. Even if you successfully sink all the submarines there will still be threats coming from the end islands via Forts blasting away at your transports, which prevents a AK rush without escorts to win the battle.
I couldnt however decide how many forts to put on the map in total so I just stuck to at the end of the map where the AK's needed to go, if this map ever does get made and the US win too easily then sure add more Forts to say... the middle island.
Oh and why Subs and not ships for the Japanese you ask? There isn't any real big Sub operation missions mutliplayer wise at most theres like 2 subs on one map for each team! I know they can be somewhat slow, but I enjoy sub ops especially in the heat in battle in BSM.
Last note for Nemesis
Dude your icon pack for making maps is awesome ^^ but your missing the AA stations and land artillery icons.
Support me on Twitter!
Re: My map idea
Not bad , not bad we add on central island 4 forts, island on north 1 fort , island on south 1 fort and 2 islands on west 2x2 forts
So 4+1+1+4= 10 forts maybe too many but we see after.
I only win ----> My good old proverb
Squadron Players Battlestations Midway ---> http://www.xfire.com/communities/bandito/
Re: My map idea
not a bad idea
i can play around with the get to position to acieve mission objective
so far i stil havent (totally) gotten to it
but the map ideas are beginning to pile up
we should really start piecing together a moddersteam that can make basic maps
Cause so far we have 4 ideas, yet i haven't even been able to work on the next map
Re: My map idea
well, if we rush on this to get all maps done, the result isn't going to be good bcs we worked to fast
just ease up and work map by map
great idea Tipsy
Xbox Live: M0n3yBE
Battlestations: Midway (PC) : M0n3yBE
Company of Heroes : M0n3y
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Posts this week:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
- Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
- Axis_Crusher : No problem
- Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
- Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
- Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
- Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua
Only registered users are allowed to post