Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

problems with the mods. help please

problems with the mods. help please

Hello everyone.

I have check the mods of Battlestations-pacific that you have on this website but some did not work:

Kraizen's Realism Mod, I suspect that not work because the boats do not shoot farther and the planes not fly faster.

mod to unlock all units not work for me. I get into skirmish, after, a conquest of islands but dont appear all the units. I get just some cruise, boats, some types of planes, but nothing more. does not appear the yamato, the iowa, aircraft carrier...

large map did not appear. I think it is in skirmish, after a conquest of islands, select a map but I only get 3 types: small, medium and large, but I get the huge type.

the mods I have installed according to the instructions but do not work. I only works of 999 999 control points mod (in fact too many, it is impossible to beat the AI, I've edited with the BSP Ripper tool and I have established in 8000 controlpoints).

anyone can help me solve these problems?
thanks in advance.

peta555
Seaman
Activity Points: 0
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: problems with the mods. help please

Hi peta555,. The main problem for Battlestations Pacific scene is - noone working on these mods and they are abandoned. Huge Map mod and unlock mods were tested long time ago and they worked well. It (modding) started a year ago with very big enthusiasm and we created bs.eu to support whole BSM and BSP community, then they abandoned their projects one by one.... Areon (a guy who created unlocks mod and 999999 CP mod) - he is not available and we have no contact with him. Too bad because that game has big potential to be modded and deserved it. Especially when tools are available and Midway Modders discovered so much...

A little better with authors of Kraizen Realism Mod and Huge Map mod.

You can contact with authors of these mods via battlestations.eu, maybe someone of them will answer you. Simple go to Community  (Top menu position) and search for these users: C06alt and Kraizen After finding them, enter their profile, and now you are able to send them two types of messages : Email and Private Message (use Profile Top menu - its placed below Main Site Menu).

Okay - additionally i will try these mods again - i'll do it tomorrow (i hope... very busy last days...). Maybe someone else can answer you too...

I am playing Midway as EST_PL
I am playing Pacific as PL EST PL

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
Activity Points: 6166
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

EST_PL thanks for the reply.

Kraizen and C06alt have for many months without getting into this website so I do not think they can help me.

EST_PL, I guess you tried the mods when they appeared last year. could you tell me if you got problems installing these mods?

for the mod to unlock all the units, I copied the file "GVMainMenu.mpak" in the directory "E:\Battlestations-Pacific\Mpaka\global". is very easy, but it does not work for me.
I think all units should be unlocked in skirmish, capture of islands, no? this is correct or am I wrong?

for the huge map mod I copied the 4 folders in the installation directory of the game. later, in the capture of islands when I choose the size of the map are only 3 types, small, medium and large. but does not appear huge. what I'm doing wrong?

Kraizen's Realism Mod. I follow the instructions to install it, but then it does not work. what I'm doing wrong?

please help me.

peta555
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
User info in posts

You can, I made a all unlocks mod for the game and its somewhere where no one has ever been ae , but anyway did you also edit the unit files to make them unlocked?

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD5 as Katarya or Mr. K depending on what profile.
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.
Steam: Katarya

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
Activity Points: 597
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

I unzipped the original file "GVMainMenu.mpak" with the  BSP Ripper but I don't know where to edit to unlock the units. I have proven with "multiglobals.lua" but have not found anything about unlocking the units. any ideas?

peta555
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
User info in posts

Have you edited the units themselves?If you don't know how to, send me a PM, I won't reveal what file it is in public forums and how to edit it.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD5 as Katarya or Mr. K depending on what profile.
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.
Steam: Katarya

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
Activity Points: 597
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

The reason you cant unlock all units in skirmish map modes is because the unlock all units mods only applies to units you can unlock. First you cannot use carriers unless assigned them like in the campaign. The reason you cannot get Yamato is that some skirmish modes do not support battleships.

Valkyire
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
User info in posts

Hi sir

I need a detailed guide to unlock all units (I am using BHQ MOD 3). I was able to unlock all units with that 24 mb patch but without BHQmod3. But I want to unlock with or using BHQMOD3
Also can u please tell me a guide how to add a new Unit in mission? I was able to add in it previously with edit of missiontree but game hangs in between. I may have miss something.

Please help me sir Please

saleel2303
Seaman
Activity Points: 52
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
User info in posts

If you want to unlock all units with bsmodhq 3.0 you can do it manually by installing notepad++. Navigate to the 'vehicleclasses.lua' file and open it.(Battlestations Pacific/scripts/data tables/autoload)  Search 'unlockID' Delete this line and the units will be unlockable. But you will have to do each unit one by one unfortunately.

I don't know how to add a unit into a mission buy I'm sure someone has a topic on that somewhere in the forum

Mokeo67
Seaman
Activity Points: 89
ranks
useravatar
12 Posts
User info in posts

Thanx dear very much. I appreciate that

saleel2303
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
User info in posts

No problem. Did you unlock them all?

Mokeo67
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
12 Posts
User info in posts

Yes Sir
Do u know anything about If I can upgrade two units at one time ??

saleel2303
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
User info in posts

I don't know if its possible to have two unlocks at the same time but I don't know how to do it anyway.

Edit: Try making a unit that is unlockable e.g the Atlanta class. Find it in vehicle classes.lua and delete the line that says Unlock=true and delete it. Then try a mission in island capture and see if you can spawn it.

Mokeo67
    Seaman
    ranks
    useravatar
    12 Posts
    User info in posts

Thank u sir
    I have tried solution first for UnlockID . Yes it does unlock unit. But after checkpoint, game crashes.
    Also second solution unlock=true ... Does  NOT unlock anything. But game progresses.
    Sorry.
    Any development on first solution???

saleel2303
    Seaman
    ranks
    useravatar
    6 Posts
    User info in posts

In notepad++ make sure there isn't an empty line were you deleted 'unlockid'. If there is press backspace once and it should delete the empty line.

Mokeo67
    Seaman
    ranks
    useravatar
    12 Posts
    User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
    Total Polls:
    Total Posts:
    Total Posts Today:
    User Info:

Total Users:
    Newest User:
    alphajereTango123
    Members Online:
    Guests Online:

Online: 
    There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
     New
     Active
     New/Active
     New/Locked
     New Sticky
     Locked/Active
     Active/Sticky
     Sticky/Locked
     Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 6 days ago
    • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
    • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
    • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
    • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
    • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
    • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
    • Axis_Crusher : Not really
    • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
    • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
    • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
    • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
    • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
    • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
    • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
    • Axis_Crusher : No problem
    • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
    • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
    • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
    • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
    • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

None

Birthdays

HyTech Send PM
    birthday is today!

Nemesisgr Send PM
    birthday is today!

R4tzer Send PM
    birthday is today!

Mad.fin.69 Send PM