Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

BSM 1.1.1 fom metaboli and modpacks crashing

BSM 1.1.1 fom metaboli and modpacks crashing

Hello, i'm a new user.

I do own battlestation midway through a Game portal named Metaboli (Service that acquired recently Gametap.
The exe is V:1.1.1

I contact you cause i am crashing only when i  install any maps like the realist mod or moder map pack 1.1
I have a backup of my game directory with the dlc iowapack on it so i can test again and again from scratch
but i have no idea what is making any mods fail at load.
I can load the Eidos screen then it crash before loading the main menu.

C++runtime library
Runtime error!
ProgramC:Yumm...

This application requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way please contact ...

Description :
  Un problème a provoqué l’arrêt de l’interaction de ce programme avec Windows.

Signature du problème :
  Nom d’événement de problème:    AppHangB1
  Nom de l’application:    Battlestationsmidway.exe
  Version de l’application:    0.0.0.0
  Horodatage de l’application:    00000000
  Signature de blocage:    e3f9
  Type de blocage:    6144
  Version du système:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Identificateur de paramètres régionaux:    1036
  Signature de blocage supplém. 1:    e3f9dcfee89070f5efee6590282a3565
  Signature de blocage supplém. 2:    c60a
  Signature de blocage supplém. 3:    c60a28f40b4a1edb342542068c4f6442
  Signature de blocage supplém. 4:    e3f9
  Signature de blocage supplém. 5:    e3f9dcfee89070f5efee6590282a3565
  Signature de blocage supplém. 6:    c60a
  Signature de blocage supplém. 7:    c60a28f40b4a1edb342542068c4f6442

here is the installation step i used :
Windows 7 64
C:\Yummy\Games\battlestationsmidwayefgi
Iowa mission pack
modderpack 1
moderpack2

Thanks

Adelin
Seaman
Activity Points: 16
ranks
useravatar
19 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: BSM 1.1.1 fom metaboli and modpacks crashing

Hi Adelin,

First of all we never have questions and problems like your. Our mappacks does not contains executable files, only game data, that's why they can works on every single machine, where BSM is installed. These mappacks are converted to MacOS version - again - because they does not contains any executable file.

They were also tested on many Win versions, Vista, XP and 7. Okay.... but i'll try to help you.

At this moment i have small idea about your problems. For this i need some answers. First of all - can you post screenshot with all files in your Battlestations Midway folder ? Something like that :

http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/4/mini_list.jpg

After this please go to your MPAK foolder and please make screenshot again and port it here.
TIP - You can use bs.eu server for hosting. Use Reply (not Quick Reply) button and click on Attachments.

I am playing Midway as EST_PL
I am playing Pacific as PL EST PL

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
Activity Points: 6164
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/1018/mini_BSMfolderFiles.jpg http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/1018/mini_BSMmpack1.jpg http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/1018/mini_Bsmmpack2.jpg

Adelin
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
19 Posts
User info in posts

Hello
you will find the screenshots from my bsm and  bsm/mpack folder
I had no problem loading moded il2 1946 game.
I moded some settings on different games like medal of honor il2 with no prob.
I don't see any Mpack files missing .
About realist mod if i want to install it i will use JSGME a tool used on il2 1946 and many other games.
if you need more info tell me

Thanks

Adelin
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
19 Posts
User info in posts

After first look everything looks OK. Files are present and looks like installing script was executed OK (backup files created correctly and new main files are copied instead). OK. next question. Can you find these files:

GGame__OnInit.mpak
GILoading__Init.mpak
GVMainMenu.mpak
IngamePrecache.mpak

and write their precise (in bytes) filesize ? Please note, you have also

GGame__OnInit.mpak.backup
GILoading__Init.mpak.backup
GVMainMenu.mpak.backup
IngamePrecache.mpak.backup

these are not important. Only these files with .mpak extension are important. It should be:

GGame__OnInit.mpak 8 225 347
GILoading__Init.mpak 8 413 859
GVMainMenu.mpak 74 847 578
IngamePrecache.mpak 68 763 367

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

GGame__OnInit.mpak size 7,84 Mo (8 225 347 octets) on disk 7,84 Mo (8 228 864 octets
GILoading__Init.mpak 8,02 Mo (8 413 859 octets) on disk 8,02 Mo (8 417 280 octets)
GVMainMenu.mpak size 71,3 Mo (74 847 578 octets) on disk 71,3 Mo (74 850 304 octets)
IngamePrecache.mpak size 65,5 Mo (68 763 367 octets)  on disk 65,5 Mo (68 763 648 octets)

Here you go

That's not going from it

Adelin
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
19 Posts
User info in posts

GILoading__Init.mpak replacing Splash Screen at start. Can you see Splash screen before crash?

original splash screen http://battlestations.eu/images/phocagallery/splashes/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_Original.jpg

we changed it for http://battlestations.eu/images/phocagallery/splashes/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_ZeroAttack.jpg

After this global files are loaded, GVMainMenu, GGame__OnInit and IngamePrecache.

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

I don't see any splash screen just a black screen after the two Eidos ads.
If i rename GILoading__Init.mpak.back to GILoading__Init.mpak
and GILoading__Init.mpak to GILoading__Init.backupany  or otherr extensions my old slsh screen show up one second later i get the c++error

now i'm going back to  moded  GILoading__Init.mpak

Adelin
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
19 Posts
User info in posts

It looks like every of our MPAKs don't want to work with your version of Battlestations Midway. Very strange, as i said before, we tested it many times and on many PC under different OS. Even MacOS!

Can you confirm that, the mappacks you have downloaded were ZIP files and you extracted them without any warning message? And what about installation process? No warning messages ?

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

2010_02_21_MidwayModdersMappack_2.zip
515 Mo (540 460 540 octets)

2010_02_20_MidwayModdersMappack_1.zip
197 Mo (207 180 243 octets)

I took thoses files from the Battlestations.eu's  link:
Moddb.com

Inside there are exe files that extract with an installer all the mpack files.
I had no installation problems and i used the admin rights from win 7 64

Metaboli use the same method as steam to authentify the games but use Yummy instead.
it's a legal pay offer per month just sometime editors like vivendi remove them games from the portal cause of rights ending
I tryed to use the no cd patch that could work with bsm midway but i get a kernelloading error each time i use it

I think i will buy this game on cd cause i like it.
I'm thinking about getting battlestation pacific on steam like few other games i own

Adelin
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
19 Posts
User info in posts

http://battlestations.eu/index.php/en/forum/topic?id=33
I had to modify my reg with regedit to install the iowa mission pack cause the keys wasn't there by default

Adelin
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
19 Posts
User info in posts

Adelin wrote:

2010_02_21_MidwayModdersMappack_2.zip
515 Mo (540 460 540 octets)

2010_02_20_MidwayModdersMappack_1.zip
197 Mo (207 180 243 octets)

I took thoses files from the Battlestations.eu's  link:
Moddb.com

Everything looks OK again. Moddb.com is one of servers where you can download mappack 1 and 2.

In fact we all using DVD versions of Battlestations Midway. Maybe there is a problem with your downloaded version. I strongly reccomend you purchasing DVD version, sad but I can't help You now with your downloaded version. Looks like this authentication changing files, to be sure i should get this downloaded version and play with files inside.

BS:Midway is very cheap last months. In my country i can buy it for 5-10 euro.

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

Thank you very much for the time you past looking for a solution.
Only problems should come from the special exe eidos refurbish to games download platform.
I can buy this game on steam but i don't want to be surprised with no modding possibility cause a bug occured from the exe files.

Adelin
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
19 Posts
User info in posts

Buy standard DVD version (it's very cheap) and you will see no problems with our mappacks.

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
hilary5746
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

None

Birthdays

mattc12 Send PM
birthday will Wednesday, 07 December 2016

xBustercardx Send PM
birthday will Thursday, 08 December 2016

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM