Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Hidden Objective sub challenge one
Hidden Objective sub challenge one
It's about the crucial cargo submarine challenge mission (the first one)
I destroyed every cargos with my deck gun the ca cl and two dds by torpedos.
There was only one ijn pt boat that suddently disapeard before i could sink it with my aa guns.
I had the other one but i can't still complete the hidden objective .
There is a ? question mark saying me failed on hidden objective.
Do i have to destroy the two pt boats aswell ?
The best way to destroy dds is letting them rush you (lure them to your back) till they reach 0.1-00 miles at periscope depth then suddently going to surface at height where the torps will hit the buldge. launch two torpedoes quickly and go back at level two depth. I manage to not going fully at surface to avoid the gun hits. the depth charge won't reach me cause the destroyer ,will be dead by the time.
I tryed the same method that work aswell by going fully forward at periscope depth
When the destroyer is at a 0.2 -0.1 distance i'm going to use my backward engine I reach 0.0-0.1 miles i launch two torps from below the surface.
About the second mission where catalina and tb aircraft try to hit me with depth charge
I found the best way was going to surface firing with AA guns.
Then going to full depth when all planes are destroyed will let me avoid the ptboats depth charge.
I'm going to find the cl then destroy it
I take control of my other sub to destroy the dds.
I have full time to take care of the pt boats with my two subs.
I'm using my main deck gun predicting where bullets will land.
The essex is impossible to hit with deck guns so i use torps while surfacing cause no more surface ships will get me ^^
Re: Hidden Objective sub challenge one
Hidden objectives for Crucial Cargo are:
- Destroy the convoy’s warship escort (1)
- Sink all the cargo ships in the area (2)
It's not so easy to destroy japanese PT Boats using submarine artillery, because they are armed with artillery too!
About that second mission (which in fact is third mission from Submarine Challanges ) Coup de Grace. I didn't played it since a years, but that what i remember it was not so easy for newbie like I was in these days. Hidden objective for that mission is: -Sink the DeHaven .
And that what I can remember, after some fails i used they way you described here to take a win. Destroy planes with AA machine gun, sink PT Boats, then play with the rest of ships
I am playing Midway as EST_PL
I am playing Pacific as PL EST PL
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Posts this week:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
- Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
- Axis_Crusher : No problem
- Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
- Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
- Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
- Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua
Only registered users are allowed to post