Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

Help BSP doest not launch.

Help BSP doest not launch.

Hi Colegues,
I am having a problem with  Battlestation Pacific, It dont work, cant launch.
The installation was succefull, without error, I made it with administrator rights.
After I make clik on the launcher (battlestationspacific.exe in the installation folder) came the logo from Eidos then come the login GFWL windows  2 or 3 seconds and then came back to desktop, and that´s all, no error messages, nothing,  I am trying since already 3 weeks with everything I have found in internet forums and nothing.

I have Windows Xp sp3,  Graphic Card: Nvidia 9600GT, Audio Card: Realtek with all drivers updated. And the funny thing is that with me, the demo runned very well in my computer, with all video settings almost in maximal (thats why I think its not a problem of low power of my video or audio card ) but with the full version no way. Plus I try to put the minimal values in (options.txt), the file with the video setting created automatically in "my documents" after a failed intent to launch.

I have no clue what is wrong. Every time I wanna launch the game happen this problem. Always I try with administrator rights, with and without (internet, firewall, antivirus), also I tryed installing the game with and without (internet, firewall, antivirus) Also I try to start the game making click directly on BSP.exe and nothing happen.
I tryed with almost all versions of GFWL, I tryed installing the GFWL version 2,  that many people in forums say this was their solution but with me ....nothing. Everytime I uninstall GFWL I use Revo Uninstall to make sure I am making a clean uninstalling.
Also the "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1" already installed.
I have no idea what happen, I dont know what to do. Can anybody help me please?
Since right now thanks in advance! would be VERY appreciatted any suggestion,
Greetings,
Bravo

Note: My English is not good

bravo38
Seaman
Activity Points: 0
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Help BSP doest not launch.

i sorta had this problem
i have 3 solutions
1: turn of anti virus if you have any
2: go to start, run, type in "msconfig", go to services and turn them all off, then go to startup and turn half of them off. restart computer and try BSP. if it doesn't work flip and turn the 1/2 off ones on. then restart and try again. if it works keep narrowing it down by turning off half and restarting. it is process of elimination. you are trying to find the 1 startup thing that is bad.
3:like #2 go to start, run, type in msconfig, then go to startup and turn them all off, then go to startup and turn half of them off. restart computer and try BSP. if it doesn't work flip and turn the 1/2 off ones on. then restart and try again. if it works keep narrowing it down by turning off half and restarting. it is process of elimination. you are trying to find the 1 startup thing that is bad.
2 and 3 take about 1 hour or so each (depending on computer speed)

pillyg
Commander
Activity Points: 7
ranks
useravatar
283 Posts
User info in posts

Hi pillyg, above all thanks for your answer,
I will do everything right now, but I don understand when you say: "...go to startup and turn half of them off"  which one shall I turn off, a priori I choose them and then turn them off?

Again thanks for your answer!

bravo38
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
User info in posts

the startup tab in the msconfig thingy

pillyg
Commander
ranks
useravatar
283 Posts
User info in posts

bravo38 wrote:

I have Windows Xp sp3,

All startup items in XP can be disabled at startup. Go to start, click Run then type msconfig, press Enter then go to Startup Tab. These items can be disabled (just for test). Disable them all, restart PC, try with BSP again.

http://mayores.uji.es/blogs/mantenimiento_y_seguridad_del_pc/files/2010/03/msconfig-startup.gif

I am playing Midway as EST_PL
I am playing Pacific as PL EST PL

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
Activity Points: 6164
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

Thanks Pillyg  and EST_PL  and  for your answers,
I did everything you tell me, step by step  and nothing, I still with the same problem.
First I turn off my antivirus, then with msconfig , in "services" I turn off all services except all them that belong to Windows and in "startup" I turn off all items (only one that belon to Nvidia still activated anyway) then I restart the computer and nothing, the problem still there.
Also besides of all startup items turned off I tried to turning off all items in services too (including all Windows services) but like this after I restart the computer bsp.exe doesnt work at all. Not idea whats wrong guys ac
Greetings

Note: Only to make sure again that my PC is ok with all requests of Battlestation Pacific I reinstalled the demo and It work very well with all video, audio and game setting on top (maximal).

bravo38
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
User info in posts

try turning them all of and restarting

pillyg
Commander
ranks
useravatar
283 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Pyllyg I did it again right now, but I had the same results like 2 hours ago. I turn off all services and all startup items , restart the computer and when i make click on "Battlestation Pacific.exe" or "bsp.exe" come the following message:
"bsp.exe has a problem and must end" ----> trying to start it without administrator rights
"bsp.exe cant start , is deactivated or is not with devices connected" ----> trying to start it with administrator rights
What can be?

bravo38
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
User info in posts

call microsoft. when my game was broken sorta like yours (it was something like "the memory could not be read" there was a bit more but i cant remember"
they told me to do the msconfig thingy

pillyg
Commander
ranks
useravatar
283 Posts
User info in posts

There is another solution - but a little work.

Install second WinXP (on second partition). Install only mainboard sound and graphic drivers, nnew DirectX and BSP. And try again.

I am playing Midway as EST_PL
I am playing Pacific as PL EST PL

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
Activity Points: 6164
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

Important I have solution for battlestations pacific 1.2 + BSmodHQ 3.0 that works(I know that is old topic but I must to reply to help many users of game)
These are steps that I use one by one nothing more than these:
1.Install game version 1.0(mount .iso file for setup with winArchiver(free program) )
2.Install patch 1.1 and 1.2(any patch I install 1.1 and 1.2 dcd patch)
3.Install Game for windows live latest version link http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/PC/DownloadClient (am not put any xlive.dll
into games folder I just download installer from that site and instal, nothing more.)
4.Run game with launcher battlestationspacific.exe in games folder, go create new profile and in new window scroll down and you
will find blue text create a local profile, I create Player1 no password or product key needed and thats it, if you after offline registration press enter in game battlestationspacific launcher will stop game, so follow next last step...
5.Mount again if you un-mount .iso file of battlestations pacific setup and launch battlestations launcher in F: drive (F: drive is for winArchiver mount)Enjoy!!! ag

Single player works 1000%, my OS Win XP sp 3.0 (I have updated windows to latest update but you will not need to update windows sp 3.0 update its just good for OS stability, nothing more).

Edit: Some little error about windows volume sound settings suprised me, works 70% fine on volume/adjust audio properties/speaker settings/advanced/5.1 but afcourse not so good because ingame I not hear all explosion and firing sounds and I start to change 5.1 settings to surround sound speakers and when I start launcher in F: drive pops up error and cant start so

I again change windows volume settings this time to quadraphonic speakers(or you can choose desktop stereo speakers), now on quadraphonic speakers settings game again works and I have 100% ingame sounds and effects now.

fr6
Seaman
Activity Points: 12
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
Agpixzex
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
hilary5746

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 2 days ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

Birthdays

mattc12 Send PM
birthday will tomorrow

xBustercardx Send PM
birthday will Thursday, 08 December 2016

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016