Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
I have both games, Midway and Pacific.
As an old guy that loves games and has been playing games since PONG, your games are pretty impressive from immersion to presentation and game play.
I find myself though wanting a little more.
There are times when it would be nice to annihilate everything in sight and take the battle from Pearl to Japan. I wouldn't want to get rid of the gameplay style you have now but would like to see a full campaign mode that follows history maybe not so closely and what I do in each battle of the game really changes how the entire campaign goes. By campaign I am meaning the entire pacific theater of operations. Battles are specific regions where specific encounters occurred. In a campaign mode, I start of where I want or at Pearl. In the first battle I can select what ever units I want from what was historically available. If I win the battle I get a chance to move on to the next battle. If I loose, I go backwards and maybe even to defending the North American continent from being invaded. Or maybe I just loose and take up Japanese as a second language.
After a battle I would like to need to use strategy as to where I want globally to spread out my forces. I may be given hints as to how things went historically but also have intelligence suggest enemy positions or movements. And these intelligence reports are adjusted based upon how my last battle and battles went. Maybe I have to have just recon missions to find out what is going on. I may choose to chase down convoys or to attack and hold islands. I may do the historical island hopping or may elect to go for Tinian right off the bat. Or maybe just hold islands and let Japan wither and die without supplies.
When in a battle I would like more freedom to select units. If a BB was some where nearby, I'd like to be able to call on it to assist in my battle. Basically be able to wage my own version of the war. Win or lose.
On the original gameplay, I would like to be able to move more easily to saved checkpoints in the game. In Midway it wasn't that large with Pacific there are checkpoints that it would be nice to jump to, especially if you already played out the mission.
I also would like to have the option to end the missions or continue on the completely destroy all enemy forces. To have a win as it were, where you have truly annihilated the enemy. There are many maps you have with a lot of targets to destroy that there isn't enough time to get to them all. There are some that are a pleasure just to explore.
I would like to be able to attack islands and move ground forces about to win the island. Once I have won the island, I'd like to be able to defend the island or improve the island such as adding ports or hangars for airports and sea bases.
I really like the command view in many cases so having the command expanded to include beans, bullets and bandaids (if I want) and troop movements would further enhance the command side of the game. Again the level of complexity would be a variable that could be selected as manual or automatic for just the fun shoot'em up side of this game.
On the way Pacific is scored, I'd like to see a real score card with times/targets/objectives to beat. I should be able to see the scorecard as I am scrolling through scenarios. I would like to see if I can improve my time or targets hit etc to improve my player.
It would be nice to freeplay the maps you have. It would be also nice to be able to set up challenges with different ships and planes and ground forces. This freeplay could be set to "win" on time or ???
That's all I can think of for now.... I'll be back.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Axis_Crusher : Bismarck Mission Pack incoming!
- jon_man0499 : Happy belated New year to all
- Axis_Crusher : HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
- YamatoFavor : Would be great if the models are from Wows
- alantay11 : Is there a way to fill up the empty ship slots when using SurgeonSasha's Yamato? Or is it my game not showing the models?
- Axis_Crusher : Thanks, but we already implemented both ships in the Advanced Warfare Pack a few months ago...
- SurgeonSasha : Северная каролина («link» ямато 1945 («link»
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
Only registered users are allowed to post