Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
I have both games, Midway and Pacific.
As an old guy that loves games and has been playing games since PONG, your games are pretty impressive from immersion to presentation and game play.
I find myself though wanting a little more.
There are times when it would be nice to annihilate everything in sight and take the battle from Pearl to Japan. I wouldn't want to get rid of the gameplay style you have now but would like to see a full campaign mode that follows history maybe not so closely and what I do in each battle of the game really changes how the entire campaign goes. By campaign I am meaning the entire pacific theater of operations. Battles are specific regions where specific encounters occurred. In a campaign mode, I start of where I want or at Pearl. In the first battle I can select what ever units I want from what was historically available. If I win the battle I get a chance to move on to the next battle. If I loose, I go backwards and maybe even to defending the North American continent from being invaded. Or maybe I just loose and take up Japanese as a second language.
After a battle I would like to need to use strategy as to where I want globally to spread out my forces. I may be given hints as to how things went historically but also have intelligence suggest enemy positions or movements. And these intelligence reports are adjusted based upon how my last battle and battles went. Maybe I have to have just recon missions to find out what is going on. I may choose to chase down convoys or to attack and hold islands. I may do the historical island hopping or may elect to go for Tinian right off the bat. Or maybe just hold islands and let Japan wither and die without supplies.
When in a battle I would like more freedom to select units. If a BB was some where nearby, I'd like to be able to call on it to assist in my battle. Basically be able to wage my own version of the war. Win or lose.
On the original gameplay, I would like to be able to move more easily to saved checkpoints in the game. In Midway it wasn't that large with Pacific there are checkpoints that it would be nice to jump to, especially if you already played out the mission.
I also would like to have the option to end the missions or continue on the completely destroy all enemy forces. To have a win as it were, where you have truly annihilated the enemy. There are many maps you have with a lot of targets to destroy that there isn't enough time to get to them all. There are some that are a pleasure just to explore.
I would like to be able to attack islands and move ground forces about to win the island. Once I have won the island, I'd like to be able to defend the island or improve the island such as adding ports or hangars for airports and sea bases.
I really like the command view in many cases so having the command expanded to include beans, bullets and bandaids (if I want) and troop movements would further enhance the command side of the game. Again the level of complexity would be a variable that could be selected as manual or automatic for just the fun shoot'em up side of this game.
On the way Pacific is scored, I'd like to see a real score card with times/targets/objectives to beat. I should be able to see the scorecard as I am scrolling through scenarios. I would like to see if I can improve my time or targets hit etc to improve my player.
It would be nice to freeplay the maps you have. It would be also nice to be able to set up challenges with different ships and planes and ground forces. This freeplay could be set to "win" on time or ???
That's all I can think of for now.... I'll be back.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- alantay11 : Gdrive mod crashes when i try to load a mission in ijn campaign?
- N_Trainz : No it was created by multiple authors from around the world. I just made it so its actually a mod instead of a complete game that's about 7GB in size. The readme file that is displayed can give you more info about the mod
- Runsva : hey ntrainz did u make this mod all by yourself?
- N_Trainz : If you need any other help, just shout out and I'll try to get back as soon as possible
- N_Trainz : Its not a problem :D I do thank you for waiting for a long time to get the mod. Again hope you enjoy the mod and the other fun features it comes with
- Legendary Da : I don't know how many times I said that, but thank you so much for your work. Considering how much time making an installer, making it work and uploading it to different servers, I thank you again for the effort you put in this. :D
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Here it is, installers works this time and Moddb won't accept it as they say its too large to upload, so its on my Google Drive and here is the link, hope you enjoy it «link»
- Legendary Da : I had guessed it was about the wrong area, though I still wondered why it had been removed. Thanks for taking your time to make something better for the community. Take as much time as you require, though; life still comes first.
- N_Trainz : Actually it was removed by me for 2 reasons; 1. was it was uploaded in the wrong area and 2. the installer didn't autp - detect the disk version, only the Steam version (since that is what I have). Going to remake it so if you won't mind a but longer wat that'll be appreciated
- Legendary Da : Thanks soo much for the mod, I couldn't access to the Internet lately so I couldn't write a reply. Btw, the mod is removed from ModDB, is it taken down, or you removed it yourself? Either way, thanks for the awesome work (at least for providing it) :D
- N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
- Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
Only registered users are allowed to post