Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

What key to use.....

What key to use.....

Hi gang: OK I'm working my way (slowly) through all the tutorials (Naval Academy) and I came to controlling and dogfighting in aircraft. The tutorial is asking me to press "Mouse Button 3" to zoom. I have a magic mouse and it has only two buttons doesn't it? I tried substituting another key for "Mouse Button 3" but I couldn't quite figure out how to do that. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Rich

RichardI
Seaman
Activity Points: 0
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: What key to use.....

http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/4/mini_mouse.png

That's the third mouse button. Or Mouse Button 3. Additionally you can change assigning of function Mouse button 3 for something else. Go to Options >>Controls and reasign all instances of Mouse Button 3 for something else. For example: any button on keyboard.

If you want to change the key for any function - simple hover mouse on they key which is assigned and press left mopuse button. Next click any button you want to assign.

http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/4/mini_mouse2.png

I am playing Midway as EST_PL
I am playing Pacific as PL EST PL

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
Activity Points: 6164
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

It sucks that a Mac only has 2 mouse buttons, maybe you could use 'E' as an alternative button?

Xfire: thyske
Xbox Live: M0n3yBE
Battlestations: Midway (PC) : M0n3yBE
Company of Heroes : M0n3y

M0n3y
God.
Activity Points: 1943
ranks
useravatar
1141 Posts
User info in posts

Thanks for the quick response EST_PL - I'm scratching my head here. Do they mean an actual button you can push, or simply the scrolling action of the "Mouse Button 3"? I have a Magic Mouse which does not have a middle wheel, it's touch sensitive instead. I already tried the screen you show, but I will have another try.

Rich

RichardI
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts
User info in posts

If you are using apples magic mouse on windows maybe try this:
http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2009/11/14588/

I have one on mac and it works fine with Battlestations Midway.
But you may need drivers for windows. Apple supplies them for Bootcamp its dual boot macOSX/Windows and it works there fine but Im not shure mousebutton3 works there. On mac some enhanced drivers are available I use BetterTouchTool.

I play mac version of Battlestations Midway as jovald on GameRanger

jovald
Warrant Officer
Activity Points: 255
ranks
useravatar
33 Posts
User info in posts

RichardI wrote:

Thanks for the quick response EST_PL - I'm scratching my head here. Do they mean an actual button you can push, or simply the scrolling action of the "Mouse Button 3"? I have a Magic Mouse which does not have a middle wheel, it's touch sensitive instead. I already tried the screen you show, but I will have another try.

Rich

Yeah, you can press the middle mouse, i use it for quick reloading in Call of Duty :p

M0n3y
God.
ranks
useravatar
1141 Posts
User info in posts

Let me try this again. I am playing this game (or, at least I hope to) on an iMac, using a Magic Mouse. I am not playing under Windows. Maybe someone can give me step-by-step instructions on how to substitute a different key for "Mouse Button 3". I have tried every way I can think of in the screen shown by EST_PL. If I can't get by this, I can't play the game at all. Please help.
Thanks

Rich

RichardI
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts
User info in posts

On PC, we have that.

1) Click Options
2) Click Controls
3) Click Air (for example)
4) Click  Mouse Button 3 (for example in the line where is Toggle Zoom / AA Mode)
http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/4/mini_mouse2.png
5) Click any other mouse button or press any button on keyboard
6) Click Save

(click = left mouse button pressed once).

Instead of 4 we can also click on Unknown (take a look for screenshot) and assign Alternative key

If this not help you, try to send Private Message (here on bs.eu) to Jovald. He is Mac player too. Maybe he will  be able to help you more...

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

OK, thanks EST_PL. That is what I've been doing and it doesn't work. I think my next step is to send Feral a "bug" report, and I'll do that. My apologies if I sounded a bit ticked.... ah

Thanks again

Rich  af

RichardI
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts
User info in posts

RichardI wrote:

I think my next step is to send Feral a "bug" report

I think it's good step, but also try to contact Jovald. Send him PM he will get email notification about your PM. Maybe there is different way for Mac users? Sorry I don't know that, I'm ordinary PC user ab

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

Same menu structure on mac version. Just dont forget to save.
If you are trying to assign button3 to some function you might need to define it first with something like "BetterTouchTool" I use that and mouseButton3 works fine.

I play mac version of Battlestations Midway as jovald on GameRanger

jovald
Warrant Officer
Activity Points: 255
ranks
useravatar
33 Posts
User info in posts

Thanks all for your advice. I was wanting to assign just a keyboard key, like "z" for instance, and that would not work. I don't know about BetterTouchTool, but it's way too complicated for me anyway. I want something that that works only in the game. I sent a message to tech support and they are looking into it. I was doing the re-assigning correctly and it should have worked but it didn't, so it needs to be fixed anyway. I'll let you know how this all works out.  ag

Rich  af

RichardI
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts
User info in posts

OK gang here's the bottom line. The guy at Feral support (Gerard) said he couldn't figure out why the key swapping was not working - unless I had a joystick connected at the time. Who knew? Of course I have a joystick connected - nothing said I shouldn't and my joystick (CH Fighterstick USB) is not supported by the game anyway...
Bottom line - I disconnected my joystick and voila! It worked - problem solved. Good grief. Is my face red?  ah

Rich  af

RichardI
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
9 Posts
User info in posts

Heh such things happen to me all the time ag
Nice to see your problem is solved ab

M0n3y
God.
ranks
useravatar
1141 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
delmetmmr
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
Captain saken

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 6 days, 23 hours ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

Birthdays

mattc12 Send PM
birthday will Wednesday, 07 December 2016

xBustercardx Send PM
birthday will Thursday, 08 December 2016

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016