Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

Ship texture modification

Ship texture modification

I salute you, players of these awesome games that are the battlestations serie !
Let me introduce you the modification I have done to my battlestations and that I want to share with you
This modification plans to rework all the texture of the Imperial Japanese Navy warship to get rid of this green camouflage that doesn't suit (IMO) to ships such as heavy cruiser classes and to improve the beauty of the models by improving the textures.
Of course I don't think that this modification will please everybody but I like it and people may be interested.

-------------------
DOWNLOAD LINK
Texture mod.zip - 106.2 MB

How to install : get the content of the "classes" folder into the mpak/classes folder in your battlestations pacific installation folder (for steam, it is "wherever-steam-is\Steam\SteamApps\common\battlestations pacific\mpak\classes")
------------------
For the mustang dlc units Super Yamato and Kuma torpedo variant, it's available here :
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c28a741 … exture.zip
http://d01.megashares.com/dl/dJtjBeE/Mustangunits.zip

the 2 files must replace those in this folder :
For XP :
C:\Documents and Settings\XXX\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\XLive\DLC\5343[...]\00000002\89450162156328150932[...]\Content\mpak\classes

For Seven
C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\DLC\5343[...]\00000002\8945016215632[...]\Content\mpak\classes
------------------

But in-game pictures will talk for themselves, so here you go :

(Ambiance :Invasion of Hawaii)
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/1761/50599742.th.jpg http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/6382/70966192.th.jpg http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/8882/22261387.th.jpg

(Ambiance :Japanese ship training)
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/5327/63619226.th.jpg http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8400/20637853.th.jpg http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9207/82461522.th.jpg

(Ambiance :Coral-Siege)

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6764/30350420.th.jpg

(Ambiance :Leyte-Island capture)
(The super Yamato texture is just a test and will probably not be definitive)

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9397/35446596.th.jpg http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7122/55595831.th.jpg

(Ambiance :Midway-Island capture)
Two before-after pictures showing the original and the new textures for the japanese destroyer team. Note that I personally don't especially  prefer the new set, but with the turret and torpedo launchers textures messed up by the engine, everything had to be changed, even for the destroyers.
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2605/destroyerteamcamo.th.jpg http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2578/destroyerteamgrey.th.jpg

(Ambiance :Port Moresby)

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1249/2012040900002.th.jpg

(The Hiryu is the only Japanese carrier using a camo texture. Original game features the zuikaku's camo for the side of the ship, so I extended it to the whole ship)

More in-game screenshots in the other posts !

Units currently retextured :
Yamato (details, hull details and deck) - Shadow texture upgraded to 2048x2048 (-size- x2 -from original-)
Super Yamato (camo redone, hull details) - Shadow texture upgraded to 2048x2048 (x2)  - camo texture upgraded to 2048x2048 (x2)
Fusô (hull details) - Shadow texture upgraded to 2048x2048 (x2)
Kongo (hull details, deck redone, details) - Shadow texture upgraded to 2048x2048 (x2)
Tone (camo removed, hull details, deck redone)
Takao (camo removed, hull details, deck redone)
Mogami (camo removed, hull details, deck redone)
Agano (camo removed, deck redone)
Kuma (camo removed, hull details, deck redone)
Kuma torpedo (camo removed, hull details, deck redone)
Shimakaze (camo removed)
Akizuki (camo removed)
Fubuki  (camo removed, deck redone)
Minekaze (camo removed, deck redone)
Hiryu (Camo added...) - Camo texture upgraded to 1024x1024 (x2)
New York
Yorktown
Japanese troop transport

P80 Shooting Star

Files changed : mpak/classes/Class_xx.mpak
14 / 52 / 58 / 59 / 60 / 61 / 67 / 68 / 69 / 70 / 71 / 73 / 75 / 198 / 199 / 425

Current issue :

- 3D unit viewer messed up. Some units won't look the same in the viewer and in-game. Caused by a different lighting disposition. For example , the Kuma appears with a dark hull and shiny blue turrets and torpedo launchers...
Cannot be solved, blame the engine.

Hope you like it !

Edited bye EST_PL (images links changed to thumbnails)

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
Activity Points: 2405
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Ship texture modification

First of all - looks like after updates we still have problems with external pictures. I must take a look for it. There should be thumbnails instead of weblinks....

Ok back to the topic ab

Personally I like your job ab I retextured many units for Midway Modders Mappack 2 - free add-on (6 maps) for BSM. I just want to inform You these textures are identical and can be simply copied (in most cases) from Midway to Pacific and back. Same format, same resolution etc etc. I know one guy who is using some of my textures in BSP.

So... now the idea of my post. If you want to take a look for them - they are here: http://battlestations.eu/index.php/forum/topic?id=390 - screenshots. In most cases i did not touched japanese warships, which you have repainted.

If you decide to my textures are good enough - feel free to use them in your modification. And i want to ask You for your textures - can we use them in Battlestations Midway?

PS: If you decide to release your modification as standalone mod - something like Download, Install, Play - pls inform us about it. We can help you with hosting and info on Home Page and other - if You need. Again - nice job. I know it's not so easy ab

PS2: Link 2 and 3 not working ac

I am playing Midway as EST_PL
I am playing Pacific as PL EST PL

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
Activity Points: 6164
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

Links 2 & 3
http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/6382/70966192.th.jpg
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/8882/22261387.th.jpg

Thanks, your job looks very cool, the Yorktown looks exactly what I wanted to do ! As I saw, most of the texture job has been made for plane, so it seems that my modifications won't be useless

I plan to release those as you're interested, and I'll gladly let you use them for any mod, even if I don't currently use them for Midway. Modders must cooperate, not fight for a "dis is my job"  "no u stole it" etc.

I am currently heavily modding Battlestations Pacific, modifying unit characteristics, textures and gameplay stuff. if everything works, I should end with :

- Texture mod
Removing Jap camo (I think Eidos put them to ensure the ship would be somewhat colorful, as the IJN grey is quite sober)
Getting some textures in 2048x2048 (Yamato, Fuso...)

-Gameplay mod
Improves battleships guns
modifies recon planes utility (much more useful)
increase bombs damage
lets any plane deal little damage when going kamikaze.
and a lot more

-Island capture mod
Every locked unit is unlocked in Island Capture maps (you saw  the Yamato, super Yamato , Kikkas and Shinden on Leyte screens)
Needs Mustang pack
Volcano pack not supported. (I don't own it)

I saw that your community has made huge steps in modding Midway and I wonder if we could collaborate more effectively, as I could help you and I could, I think, learn a lot from your previous work on Midway.

See you soon, I hope.

Edit:
-forgot to mention that I don't know where the unit textures are located in Midway (Own it on steam), so I could see what has to be done
-BSP uses its texture with an awesome logic, if the turrets of the Mogami .mpak are red and those of the Takao .mpak are blue, you'll probably end with a lolrandom mogami with blue turrets. so there's every model must use the same texture (Takao/Mogami/Tone turrets, AA guns...etc)
-forgot to mention a little bug(?) : the 3D model in-game viewer doesn't like when you touch the textures. With this mod, you'll see for example a perfectly normal Yamato but the Mogami will have shiny turrets on a dark hull. Seems that the lights works here differently than in-game...

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

Good to hear it. On these screenshots, there is many planes - yes. But in fact Mappack 2 contains many textures which aren't included on these screenshots. I remember Northampton, Fletcher, Renown, Texas, Lexington, Cargo ships, Saratoga (Enterprise), Atlanta, Cleveland, DeRuyter, Clemson. If you found BSP easy to modify, it could be easy to download and install (in any empty folder) Mappack 2, then unpack MPAKs using BSM Ripper. If 500 MB+ is a little too much for you, I can prepare a pack with these textures for You. You can also see about 180 big resolution screenshots for these retextures units on that Screensaver: http://battlestations.eu/index.php/down … reensavers BSM Mappack 2 Mega Slideshow (41,7 MB) in case you want to see it before downloading whole mappack. After instalation - these screenshots are available as JPG.

We did that crazy way - on some maps you can see two or three textures for one unit. For example - Battle of Cape Engano - there are 3 textures for Wildcats, SBD and TBD. On other maps textures for these units are different.

Yes we did many work, but only because we worked as team. And that is my small dream - team for Pacific. Because it's too big job for one guy. I really would like to see and help with that, especially when we know that both games are created similar way, and in most cases that what is discovered for Midway should work for Pacific  too.

For BSP - we had many ideas but every of these finished just as a plan. Or some small mods. Without cooperation we can't do it, as I told that before - too much job for one guy. Now I can see there are guys still interested with modding that game. Maybe it has a future ab Today greasersnoppy introduced his modification for BSP: it's here: http://battlestations.eu/index.php/pl/f … p=2#p11802 Maybe it;s good idea to try to work together?

Oomperial wrote:

Getting some textures in 2048x2048 (Yamato, Fuso...)

Very interesting. I must test it in BSM (2048px textures).

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

Question time :
-Seems that you'd like to see some texture, how could I give them ? (Mp, upload...dunno)
-I think it's a matter of gameplay that causes a lot of modders to work on Midway, true ?

I'm getting the map pack 2 now Edit : I GOT the map pack 2 now, I'll take a look at it. Maybe i'll use it as a base for modding US ships texture and helping importing to Midway or directly modify it.
I'd like to have someone who could explain me how Midway maps and files work, to see where it differs with Pacific and how the work you done in map creation could be used for Pacific.

Yep, let's do it crazy way...The Island capture mod requires to modify almost every .mpak in the scene folder AND the Mustang .mpak folder...That and modify kilometers-long file to implant units one by one to HQ...That's something like 200 file that have to be decompiled and rebuild by BSP Ripper.

I wonder if we could create midway-style multiplayer maps in BP:P...It could be VERY interesting.

For greasersnoppy's mod, It could be usefull. It seems that his mod consist of getting all unit cost at one point. It's a start, but I'm sure we'll do better for our FPS ^^ (My last for-fun modification was to implement a sort-of nuclear bomb in game ab )

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

Oomperial wrote:

-Seems that you'd like to see some texture, how could I give them ? (Mp, upload...dunno)

Zip DDS files and attach them to the post. Click Attachments under editor. You have simple editor under posts and Extended editor when clicking Reply button. Sorry for bad design of Attachments window. I just changed forum design and popup window is broken (last serious issue on new forum design).

Oomperial wrote:

-I think it's a matter of gameplay that causes a lot of modders to work on Midway, true ?

True. We all are old Midway players. We tried to play Pacific, but unfortunately Eidos decided to remove Midway gameplay style from BSP. And we love Midway gameplay- that's the reason. There was an concept to create mod for Pacific - Midway gamestyle. Too bad no one started job.

Oomperial wrote:

I'd like to have someone who could explain me how Midway maps and files work

In contrast to BSP, where units have their MPAKs, in BSM units are included into map. Hovewer, inside MPAks, there are similar paths to the files. After unpacking MPAK from Midway you have almost all files inside folder created after unpacking. Unit MMODs and their textures (DDS) too. Look inside mpak\models\textures\ they are here.

Oomperial wrote:

That's something like 200 file that have to be decompiled and rebuild by BSP Ripper.

Yes I've noticed it. BSM requires less files to unpack ab

Oomperial wrote:

I wonder if we could create midway-style multiplayer maps in BP:P...It could be VERY interesting.

Agreed. That can brings many Midway players to the BSP. Because of better graphic and effects (sounds are no longer better, we improved Midway sounds in Mappack2 - there is about 150 new sounds for Midway, for example every plane has unique engine sound, new exaplosions and ship engines and more). Many old players is dissapointed BSP because no Midway gamestyle.

Oomperial wrote:

For greasersnoppy's mod, It could be usefull.

It needs some discussions. What where etc etc. Midway Modders takes whole market ab That what they releasing is downloaded and installed by all others. In fact these Mappacks are very popular, it's hard to find players (except newbies) without Mappack 1 and 2 installed. These mappacks are also 100% compatible with game.

In case of Pacific, there are some ideas, but any of them requires gameplay modification. So it means - it will be not compatible with game. More mods = more problems for players. For example - how to use one of them, then another. It really needs ONE leading group, because players will find hard tracking (follow) more groups and more mods.

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

Alright  here we go : Yamato and Fusô modified textures. I don't know if it will work perfectly in BS:M so you'll have to give it a try yourself.

DOWNLOAD YAMATO TEXTURE

DOWNLOAD FUSO TEXTURE
(warning : The Fusô turret file and secondary turret file can also be used for the Kongo turrets as well, I don't know if it will do something on BS:M)

(If someone would like to try it on BS:P, for example the Yamato files,
-Extract Class_59.mpak from Battlestations Pacific/mpak/classes (with BSPRipper)
-Go in the opened Class_59.mpak/models/textures/
-Put the new files in it (remember to save data just in case)
-Recompile the file and get it back in the Classes folder
-Play
Fusô file is Class_61.mpak)

If map paths are similar as you said, we have (still) some hope for working new maps for BSP. I understand the map file system in BSP I have been modifying for the Island capture mod for a while, but I think that having some experience tips from those who already "mapped" for BS:M will greatly help.

What I already managed to change in BS:P are :
-Unit characteristic
-Unit cost
-weapon characteristic
-gameplay features
-Textures mapping modifications
-Modification of the .scn files (to enable all locked units at the same time on Isl. capture)
-Modification of sounds (I used the BS:M japanese voice files in BS:P and it works: I can play now with Allies speaking english and Japanese speaking japanese in a french game sound (all gameplay stuff such as "Japanese have won the battle" are still in french as they not exist in BS:M)

What I would like to do and that I don't currently know how-to:
-Map creation (not yet tested to be honest)
-Ammunition creation (I can modify a bomb but I can't create one as the bulletclasses.lua file doesn't agree when I create an entry in it, must be other files I don't use)
-Unit creation ( It's the dream of all of us, isn't it ? )
-Mix mods (Huge map files, for instance, could be very good in a mod such as the one I'm trying to compile, but all previous test I tried have failed...And there's maybe some work to do with other mods I don't know...)
-Modify Mustang pack unit files (I modified their textures hidden deeeeeep in the microsoft GFWL DLC files but the .mpak are in a .mpkg not supported by the BSPRipper...)

If there is other modders for BSP willing to work with me and modders of BSM that could give us some advice from their previous experience it could help,but I am motivated to modify this game even if I must be alone.
We can do it,
We will do it,
And that's gonna be awesome.

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

Fuso not working. That's because special character used in name. Nevermind i'll download it directly and i will edit your post to make it working.

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

Ooops "Quote" instead of "Edit"...My bad
The new Fusô file on this post should work now, I'll edit everything.
##text##

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

Yes. Confirmed. All working now. I must add small How-To, to prevent some mistakes. One of them is - Do not use special chars in filenames ab

When adding attachment, you can also replace  ##text## with any string You want. For example like I did in your first post with these textures. It gives you option to name your dowload like You want.

I will test these textures (2048px) today evening.
BTW: Some additional info about Midway. Fletcher, SBD and Wildcat files are added to the global MPAK. You cannot find them in maps MPAKs, like all other units. Some textures are global for all units. You probably noticed that in BSP - not all elements can be modified by editing unit MPAK. Same situation in BSM, some textures are global and they are added to the global MPAKs. Example - radar or flying deck (in case of BSM). We have modified these global textures too by cloning these textures and changing their names in MMOD files using hex editor.

Edit: Same situation in case of these global units. When they are global - it means we cannot modify them, or modify them for all maps. But we did that. In BSM after installig MP2 there you can find
Fletcher
Fletcher_1
Fletcher_2

and it means we can use 3 different Fletchers on our maps. Even on one map there we can use 3 different Fletchers. Differen = using different textures.  All of this was done by cloning units and by HEX Editor. Working perfect. I know that in BSP all units are global, if you change one - you will change that unit on every map. But I just want to inform You about some of our tricks ab

EDIT2: Look for these two screenshots. There are two Saratoga (Enterprise) carriers on one map, and they are different. Possible thanks to cloning (we also using name - dupe) units.

http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/4/mini_---gf3.jpg

http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/4/mini_---gf5.jpg

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

Okay I'll wait your test before uploading more files in .dds zip and this time there won't be that Fusô char error :o)

Yeah I saw the global texture stuff, never really bothered me to be honest, but I'll be interested by your modification way but I'll need a more precise how-to tutorial  bn

Edit : splendid carriers ! And I think I really need some good tips on all of the tricks you deployed for your map pack, I have some stuff in mind and I'll be able to start testing such edits in BSP.

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

Oomperial wrote:

-Map creation (not yet tested to be honest)

Maybe Midway Modders guide can helps you. There is described step-by-step how to modify BSM.

Oomperial wrote:

-Unit creation ( It's the dream of all of us, isn't it ? )

What that means? Import new unit to the game or something about BSP specific gameplay?

Oomperial wrote:

-Modify Mustang pack unit files (I modified their textures hidden deeeeeep in the microsoft GFWL DLC files but the .mpak are in a .mpkg not supported by the BSPRipper...)

MPKG files are also available in BSM. We never tried to unpack them. However, i think these files contains important info about adding new units and maps from DLC to the game. Example - List of units and maps is available in two global MPAKs. After installing DLC (for BSM) these Global files aren't touched. And simple put map MPAK into folder can't give you that map available on maplist (ingame). All other files from DLC are known for us and we can recognise why they are here. Only MPKG aren't. Conclusion. MPKG contains info about new units and maps for main game.

Okay - Fuso and Yamato now. I've tested them before a moment. There are screenshots taken from the game

http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/4/mini_2048yamato1.jpg http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/4/mini_2048yamato2.jpg http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/4/mini_2048fuso.jpg

Attention - big resolution
First of all - I must say that i'm impressed. I found these textures very smooth and looking very good. All units in BSM contains bump and spec textures, some contains also camo textures. I know that it's more hard to edit these units without camo texture and Yamato/Fuso doesn't using camo texture. I can only imagine how good can looks camo texture 2048px. Very nice idea! (but i'm affraid about some guys from BSM and their PC ab )

And i've added Yamato as forum background ab

EDIT There is my attempt to make some pseudo 3d effect on ship using 2D textures ab But I like that what you did with Yammy and Fuso. Looks very good in game.
http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/4/mini_-ak5.jpg

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

On ship units, only turrets, torpedo launchers and AA guns use bump and Spec. If you take a closer look, you'll see that the Yamato main turret guns has been reworked to add the plate system on the top of it. Main texture, Bump file AND Spec file has been modified in that optic.

Looks like it works great on Midway, that's good news. Models are indeed the same in both game, the only things changing being the name of the ship on the side and the position of the hajoablakok.

I hope that the big texture resolution won't be a problem, I limited myself to a few textures of that kind and not bigger (with my computer configuration, I could get them even bigger: When I took the screens I had the game, Eve Online, a bunch of other stuff running and a heavy firefox running in the same time).

Oh one more info : The textures I make are historically accurate. I just try to add what lacks on models... Make them more like they should look like...

To make easy 3d with 2d , I know a way I didn't used for the big texture but that you can use easily with a turret texture and Paint.net (or else I suppose) without editing the bump/spec file.

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

Oomperial wrote:

On ship units, only turrets, torpedo launchers and AA guns use bump and Spec.

Remember that these games are similar, but not the same. Eidos changed some things. For example hajopadlo_szurke.dds - we have only one for whole game (no longer because we added some in mappack2). But it's global texture.

Oomperial wrote:

the only things changing being the name of the ship on the side

Sometimes small things are worst in this game ab I remember that we needed to use hex editor to change numbers on ships hulls.

Oomperial wrote:

I hope that the big texture resolution won't be a problem,

For BSP for sure. I must give it a try on some older PCs in case of BSM. BSM can be launched on prehistoric GeForce4 (not 400 series).

Oomperial wrote:

Oh one more info : The textures I make are historically accurate.

I appreciate it. Almost all my textures are based on historical photos and drafts too. I tried to make the same ab

Oomperial wrote:

To make easy 3d with 2d , I know a way

I must take a look for Fuso and Yammy which you are uploaded here. Usually to make some 3D i'm trying to use light and dark colours close. That cargo looks not bad.

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

hajopadlo_szurke.dds is only "given" with the Yamato. Strangly it is the only ship I know so far who had a hajopadlo_szurke.dds for his own. All other ships use a common texture...Thus, the Yamato special hajopadlo_szurke.dds was ugly as hell ac

If you want to make quick 3d on 2D (on paint.net, must be found elsewhere but it is the tool I use) Effects=>Stylise=>Relief
Using this with some layers tricks can give a good idea of what to do OR directly a good bump with some luck/skills. It's the easy way but it's a tool built for that kind of work so why not ?

The cargo picture looks great but it's too little to clearly see the work. Anyway, from here it looks realistic.

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
Lilliansoymn
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 2 days ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

None

Birthdays

mattc12 Send PM
birthday is today!

xBustercardx Send PM
birthday will tomorrow

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM