Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

Skinpack

Skinpack

I've decided to start a job on this. The target is - replace original textures by Eidos with these incoming with mappack 2 (created by us). It will change original multiplayer maps: starting with Luzon, ending with Sibuyan. There we can expect some very good textures created for BSP by Oomperial - we agreed that we should use our work together. You can see some of these textures in that topic: http://battlestations.eu/index.php/forum/topic?id=874

It will be 100% compatible. No need to keep installing it in order - simple download it and install. You still be able to play original maps with/against guys without Skinpack. Hovewer - you can not expect more than one texture for same class on one map (like it's done in Mappack2, where you can see 2 or 3 same class units with different textures on one map). Just to keep 100% compatibility with all guys without mappack 1, 2 and skinpack.

Most of units are retextured, but there are still untouched units (PT Boat or B17 for example, islands textures too) so if anyone wants to create something new you're welcome.

Additionally I will need small beta team to make some tests before release it public. If you want to be a tester - simply put your access here.

It should be available for all in one month (first days of december).

I am playing Midway as EST_PL
I am playing Pacific as PL EST PL

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
Activity Points: 6166
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Skinpack

Here ab

Ghostface
Deutscher Foren Administrator
Activity Points: 690
ranks
useravatar
278 Posts
User info in posts

Ghostface wrote:

Here

accepted  bp

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

i could help wit beta when testing

samuraj

samuraj
Seaman
Activity Points: 13
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
User info in posts

samuraj wrote:

samuraj

Ok. Accepted. Thanx for your contribution. When it will be done (first version should be available in7-10 days), i'll send private messages to You with info where to download and how to install it.

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

Ghostface, not meaning to be an ass, but where the hell have you been?????!!?!?!?

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD5 as Katarya or Mr. K depending on what profile.
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.
Steam: Katarya

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
Activity Points: 597
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

Count me in!

Xfire: thyske
Xbox Live: M0n3yBE
Battlestations: Midway (PC) : M0n3yBE
Company of Heroes : M0n3y

M0n3y
God.
Activity Points: 1943
ranks
useravatar
1141 Posts
User info in posts

M0n3y wrote:

Count me in!

Okay but... you must install BSM again ag Did You ever saw Mappack2, M0n3y??

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

my too can help ab

I only win   ----> My good old proverb  ab
Squadron Players Battlestations Midway ---> http://www.xfire.com/communities/bandito/
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2878/100dollar03june.gif

Adi_POL
Old Veteran
Commodore
Activity Points: 2040
ranks
useravatar
1138 Posts
User info in posts

Skinpack (alpha version) is already done. Need day or two to test all maps if they working OK and then i'll upload files. Stay connect ab

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

Ghostface wrote:

Here

Adi_POL wrote:

my too can help ab

M0n3y wrote:

Count me in!

samuraj wrote:

4 guys - not so much... please send me private message with confirmation of that you still want to help me test Skinpack. I will reply ASAP with download link. Frst version of Skinpack is already uploaded on server.

You need download, backup your mpak folder and extract archive you downloaded into Battlestations Midway folder. Currently 6 maps are converted. You can play with any other guy (without Skinpack installed), because Skinpack is 100% compatible with any version of BSM. With or without mappacks.

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

Theres always me mate, this might actually give me a reason to get back into BSM a bit.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD5 as Katarya or Mr. K depending on what profile.
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.
Steam: Katarya

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
Activity Points: 597
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

Hi all,
Sign me up Id like to help with testing.  On a side note, making a model of the Supermarine Walrus that the CA Dorsetshite carries. I am making improvements to the ship that i got from Vendi. http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/673/walrus3.jpg

Its build in Rhino, and will convert it to 3ds. What file size should it be when i convert it for it to work well in the game?

SwarthyCman
Flying Cman
Activity Points: 1904
ranks
useravatar
368 Posts
User info in posts

Hi guys. Both of You got PM with download links. Please download and unpack files, then give me a feedback. It's first initial version, but for sure you will see differences.

First I want concentrate on ships and planes, after I will play with island and buildings too. Skinpack full version will be about 400MB filesize. The small change - IT WILL REQUIRE MAPPACK2 INSTALLED (i've decided to play with global textures too). For faster downloads and upgrades, i've also decided to split Skinpack into two packs
1) Solomon, Coral, Vella, Samar, Steel, Surigao
2) Subiyan, MI, Phillippines, Luzon (>> ag <<) and Global Files.

The order of unpacking isn't important, version is important, one file (pack1) is available, second will be available in 24h. Global files contains - wildcat, sbd, tbd, fletcher and some decks. Just Subscribe to this topic (or make sure you are subscribed) to get fresh info.

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

I hosted one game SURIGAO, new skins on CA's were beautiful. But when I played in Chaz's room, game crashed.

SwarthyCman
Flying Cman
Activity Points: 1904
ranks
useravatar
368 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
Jameseloxy
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 4 days ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

None

Birthdays

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM

R4tzer Send PM

Mad.fin.69 Send PM