Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

Mogami-class vs Cleveland-class cruiser?

Mogami-class vs Cleveland-class cruiser?

i like both of them but which one do you think is more powerful? my opinion is Cleveland but i dont know....cleaveland has more guns but mogami has bigger guns

eddie1111
Seaman
Activity Points: 119
ranks
useravatar
14 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Mogami-class vs Cleveland-class cruiser?

Both are very cool, however Mogami is much stronger that Cleveland. Cleveland is best light cruiser in this game (it can easy beat any other light cruiser), but still isn't a enemy for heavy cruisers. Especially when facing that, Mogami is best heavy cruiser in this game (Takao is similar). Cleveland has only 8 main guns, while Mogami has 10 main guns. A battle between Mogami and Cleveland is usually interesting, but you need a lot of skill and lucky to beat Mogami using CLeveland.

I am playing Midway as EST_PL
I am playing Pacific as PL EST PL

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
Activity Points: 6166
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

Hmm... look on my "Who Would Win?" thread... I'll officially assess this match up tomorrow

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
Activity Points: 3145
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

java have more damage than cleveland often example iff we shooting in ca

I only win   ----> My good old proverb  ab
Squadron Players Battlestations Midway ---> http://www.xfire.com/communities/bandito/
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2878/100dollar03june.gif

Adi_POL
Old Veteran
Commodore
Activity Points: 2040
ranks
useravatar
1138 Posts
User info in posts

I'll go for the Mogami, as it has more powerfull guns and thicker armor.
Though Clevelend is faster and has more guns, I still think Mogami would usually win (unless he's a big noob ae )

Xfire: thyske
Xbox Live: M0n3yBE
Battlestations: Midway (PC) : M0n3yBE
Company of Heroes : M0n3y

M0n3y
God.
Activity Points: 1943
ranks
useravatar
1141 Posts
User info in posts

yeah mogami does have big guns and quit a lot of them but cleavland has a 2 times more! it has 4x3 152mm guns and 6x2 127mm guns so cleavland has more firepower! damn they should have developed a special gun for cleaveland because its main guns werent very powerful! maybe like a 180mm gun? 200mm gun would have been to big?...damn these two ships are my fav ships in the game!

eddie1111
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
14 Posts
User info in posts

Mogami-class will usually win, since it has bigger guns. It's also important because they have a longer range.

M0n3y wrote:

(unless he's a big noob  )

Of course, that too. I once beat a Mogami-class with an Atlanta-Class ab.

Colonel Duck
Ensign
Activity Points: 381
ranks
useravatar
57 Posts
User info in posts

Go to the "Who would win" thread.   I took a better look at this match up taking into account the exact ship stats

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

where is the Who would win" thread? id love to look at it if id find it!

eddie1111
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
14 Posts
User info in posts

There is, and it's a pretty big thread.

Colonel Duck
Ensign
Activity Points: 381
ranks
useravatar
57 Posts
User info in posts

eddie1111 wrote:

where is the Who would win" thread? id love to look at it if id find it!

Who Would Win Thread
ab

M0n3y
God.
ranks
useravatar
1141 Posts
User info in posts

thx man but too many replies i wont look through all those comment to find whats better mogami or cleavland lol maybe some other time....i already know mogami is better than cleavland...now i dont know exactly how to explain this so you guys would understand but since you guys can play the game online could two of you go in a privet match and once pick a mogami ship and the other pick a cleavland ship and meet up go next to each other side by side and both of you aim at the magazine of the others ship and start firing every gun...so this way it will be a fair match...like this you can exactly have a accurate reading of which ship is better...could anyone do this?

eddie1111
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
14 Posts
User info in posts

eddie1111 wrote:

thx man but too many replies i wont look through all those comment to find whats better mogami or cleavland lol maybe some other time....i already know mogami is better than cleavland...now i dont know exactly how to explain this so you guys would understand but since you guys can play the game online could two of you go in a privet match and once pick a mogami ship and the other pick a cleavland ship and meet up go next to each other side by side and both of you aim at the magazine of the others ship and start firing every gun...so this way it will be a fair match...like this you can exactly have a accurate reading of which ship is better...could anyone do this?

I like this idea! ag

M0n3y
God.
ranks
useravatar
1141 Posts
User info in posts

eddie, just go to the last page of the Who WOuld Win thread, that's the most recent entry.

Come to think of it, Cleveland versus Tone came up too.  I think I'll do that later also

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

For those of you who wish not to go through the pages of Who Would Win, here's the offical comparison I did there:

CLEVELAND CLASS LIGHT CRUISER:

Number built: 27

Crew Size:  1,255 officers and enlisted men

Range:  14,500 Nautical Miles at 15 Knots

Trivia: During construction, some Cleveland class hulls were reordered as Independence class light carriers

Now that the Stats are out of the way, here's the important stuff:

Main Battery: 12 6-Inch guns in a 4 turret by 3 gun arrangement

Secondary Battery: 12 × 5 Inch guns in a 6 turret by 2 gun arrangement

Torpedo Tubes: none

Speed: 32.5 Knots

Armor:

Belt:                           3.25 - 5 Inches
Turret:                         1.5 - 6 Inches
Deck:                                    2 Inches

MOGAMI CLASS CRUISER:

Number built: 4 (Mogami, Mikuma, Suzuya and Kumano)

Crew Size:  850 officers and enlisted men

Range:    8,000 Nautical Miles at 14 Knots

Trivia: These ships were originally built as light cruisers, with a 15 6-inch gun main battery, but they were rediesigned as Heavy Cruisers following the establishment of the Washington Naval Treaty

Now that the Stats are out of the way, here's the important stuff:

Main Battery: 10 8-Inch guns in a 5 turret by 2 gun arrangement

Secondary Battery: none

Torpedo tubes: 12 21-inch torpedo tubes

Speed: 34.5 Knots

Armor:
Belt:                                        3.9 Inches
Turret:                                  0.98 Inches
Deck:                                      1.4 Inches

COMPARISON:

For Main Battery, Mogami Brings 10 8-Inch guns on Cleveland's 12 6-Inch guns.  This category is a draw for two reasons: not only is it the "quantity versus quality" debate, but also there is another factor: Mogami's guns may be heavier, but Cleveland's guns are more evolved, and thus are more advanced (the Mogami class was Pre-war, built between 1931 and 1937, but the Cleveland was Mid-war and even late war, with ships being built between 1941 and 1945)

For secondary battery, Cleveland can fire  8 5-inch/38 caliber guns in a full broadside, but Mogami lacks a secondary battery.  The edge here goes to Cleveland

However, Mogami makes up for this problem by having a broadside of 6 Torpedo tubs (12 total), to Cleveland having none.

For Armor, Cleveland's armor is thicker overall.

For speed, Mogami is 2 knots faster.

TRIVIAMAN'S RULING:

I'm going to say that there are two possible situations here Mogami is the winner because of it's heavier guns and Torpedos.  The heavier guns do more damage and the torpedos will force Cleveland to maneuvere eratically to avoid them, and in this situation, that would provide fewer opportunities for ideal firing positions.  Then again, Cleveland could be the winner because despite its smaller guns, it has many more guns in a broadside.  On top of that, because it has smaller guns (Which are faster to reload) it can fire more shells in a minute.  So let's do some math.

According to my source, Mogami's 8-inch guns had an average firing rate of 4 shells a minute.  4 shells x 10 guns = 40 shells a minute.  Cleveland's firing rate was 8 shells in a minute for its 6- inch guns and its 5-inch/38 caliber guns were designed to fire as many as 15 rounds in a minute.  However, considereing how fast humans can work, I think 12 would sound more logical for this scenario.  12 shells x 8 guns = 96 shells in a minute for the 5-inch guns.  12 6-inch guns x 8 shells = 96 shells in a minute, so 96 + 96 = 192 shells.  In the same time that Mogami can pump out 40 shells, Clevland can pump out almost 5 times as much.  With that said, it is very much possible that Cleveland can win this by overwhelming Mogami...

That's my ruling, anyone else?

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
Anthonyboite
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
Axis_Crusher

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 4 days ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

Birthdays

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM

R4tzer Send PM

Mad.fin.69 Send PM
birthday will Thursday, 15 December 2016