Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
i want to know how i can make my own maps in Midway. i can't find any evidence of a downloadable editor on the net.
sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but i just want to know
I may be Sloppy, but I can still win...
In other words:
PREPARE TO LOOSE!
Re: map editor?
Go to the downloads page at battlestaions.eu, and look around a bit. There's a guide to mod, but you have to ask Tipsy3000 or gaming_for_dummys for the password to download. Then download BSM Ripper, also on the downloads. Everything else you need to know is in the guide.
Re: map editor?
SloppyJapMan wrote:i want to know how i can make my own maps in Midway. i can't find any evidence of a downloadable editor on the net.
Because there is no editor. The only one (BSM Specified) tool which can be usefull for You is BSM Ripped. Packer/unpacker for MPAK files (game files with data, maps for example). After unpacking, there you can use only popular tools like text editor, Texture editor or similar. Additionally there are two converters - one for 3D object and second for text files (game is using own text fileformat). Both of them aren't userfriendly
After all... there are some good news. Maps are done bye LUA - easy scripting language. In short it means that: there is no classic map editor like similar map editors known from other games, you need to know LUA language a little to modify maps or build new. There is also extended Midway Modders Guide - a doc document which explain how to modify Midway. There is info about replacing renaming adding and many other manipulations about units and installations.
And you can always publish your map idea here, on forum. Some concepts from this forum are realised and now everyone can play Indian or Tokyo or other...
If You have more questions - just ask.
I am playing Midway as EST_PL
I am playing Pacific as PL EST PL
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
- Runsva : If that hepls...
- Runsva : The link that I donloaded from is the one message before the last one on page 4 on this forum because all the others are for some reason down.
- YamatoFavor : Zyy eh... doubt I installed successfully and seems like I lost the build
- Axis_Crusher : Well I am aware of that mod, but I've never installed it. I'll ask around if I can find someone that successfully installed it.
- Runsva : The zyy modding pack v1.0.3
- Axis_Crusher : Just so we're on the same page which mod are you trying to install?
- Runsva : Game*
- Runsva : Do i need to make a copy of my gamr folder like Battlestations Midway?
- Runsva : No I didn't install it into a separate directory, it is in steamapps - - > common like any other steam game.
- Runsva : pls help me fix it i really want to play this mod :D
- Runsva : and i copied every file to the mpak folder in the bsp directory, and when i try to run it it just crahes onthe main menu screen
Only registered users are allowed to post