Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
"New Units" video idea
"New Units" video idea
With the success of creating new units, this will eventually lead to map pack three. As many of the regular visitors here know, EST_PL makes videos of Midway in action... sometimes they are just little things of him playing with friends and having fun, but other times he has released actual preview videos of our maps and map packs. I have helped him before with this, with my script for his Operation: Ten-Go trailer. Now, I have asked to help him again and I have been "unofficially commissioned" (as I like to put it) to come up with a preview script for a "new units" preview.
(NOTE: if you are not EST_PL, then you really don't HAVE to read beyond this point, because it doesn't concern anyone else for now)
Scene 1: black baground, with these words:
Battlestations: Midway, a real-time strategy game, was released
(Scene then cuts to either the picture we see on game box OR in-game action, your choice of map EST)
It came with 29 historically accurate warships, and 22 historically accurate planes (NOTE: The warship count does NOT include AKs or LSTs, and plane counts does not include Kingfisher or DC-3, since we didn't find those until later)
(Montage of ships. Videos OR pictures will work)
(Starts with PTs, works up. Name of class appears beneath each unit)
Shot of Elco PT probably from Vella Gulf, then shot of Japanese PT, also from Vella Gulf
Then shots of the Narwhal class, Japanese Type B class and Type A midget sub (Under Midget sub name, in parenthesis: unplayable unit)
Then two more shots: one of Fletcher and Clemson together (to keep video a little shorter... but you can do two separate pictures if you want), another of Minekaze and Fubuki (Again... two separate pictures are also option)
Shots of all light cruisers (Atlanta, Cleveland, De Ruyter and Kuma) (Under De Ruyter, in parenthesis: unplayable unit)
shots of Heavy cruisers (York, Northampton, Takao, Mogami, Tone)
Shots of battleships (King George V, New York, Repulse, Kongo, Fuso and Yamato)
Shots of Carriers: (Lexington, Yorktown, Hermes, Akagi and Soryu) (Under Hermes: Unplayable unit)
then switch to planes:
shots of the fighters (P-40 Warhawk, F2A Buffalo, F4F Wildcat, Hawker Hurricane) (Under Hurricane: Unplayable unit)
shots of divebombers: (SBD Dauntless, D3A Val, D4Y Judy)
shots of torpedo bombers (TBD Devastator, TBF Avenger, Fairey Swordfish, B5N Kate)
Shots of level bombers: (B-17 Flying fortress, B-25 Mitchell, G3M Nell, G4M Betty)
shots of recon planes: (PBY Catalina, H6K Mavis, H8K Emily, E13A Jake, F1M Pete)
Later, the Iowa mission Pack gave us 4 more units, and the Midget sub was finally playable
(Using Sibuyan Sea, shots of Iowa, P-38 Lightning, J1N Gekko, and Shimakaze, with class names underneath).
(Another black screen)
Eventually, interest in Midway slowly faded, as did the chance of any more new units.
(second screen) but...
(fades, then third writing)
In late 2010, the Midway Modders finally figured out the key to making new units, and now they are proud to present Midway's newest units:
(Start with lightest ships, then work up. With each picture, name of class is with it)
(after montage of new ships)
These new units are only availible in one place:
Midway Modders Map Pack Three
Availible for download at battlestations.eu
I can also come up with previews for Map Pack three in general (not just focusing on the new units) and the individual maps if you want. All you have to do is ask EST.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
- Runsva : If that hepls...
- Runsva : The link that I donloaded from is the one message before the last one on page 4 on this forum because all the others are for some reason down.
- YamatoFavor : Zyy eh... doubt I installed successfully and seems like I lost the build
- Axis_Crusher : Well I am aware of that mod, but I've never installed it. I'll ask around if I can find someone that successfully installed it.
- Runsva : The zyy modding pack v1.0.3
- Axis_Crusher : Just so we're on the same page which mod are you trying to install?
- Runsva : Game*
- Runsva : Do i need to make a copy of my gamr folder like Battlestations Midway?
- Runsva : No I didn't install it into a separate directory, it is in steamapps - - > common like any other steam game.
- Runsva : pls help me fix it i really want to play this mod :D
- Runsva : and i copied every file to the mpak folder in the bsp directory, and when i try to run it it just crahes onthe main menu screen
Only registered users are allowed to post