Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
"New Units" video idea
"New Units" video idea
With the success of creating new units, this will eventually lead to map pack three. As many of the regular visitors here know, EST_PL makes videos of Midway in action... sometimes they are just little things of him playing with friends and having fun, but other times he has released actual preview videos of our maps and map packs. I have helped him before with this, with my script for his Operation: Ten-Go trailer. Now, I have asked to help him again and I have been "unofficially commissioned" (as I like to put it) to come up with a preview script for a "new units" preview.
(NOTE: if you are not EST_PL, then you really don't HAVE to read beyond this point, because it doesn't concern anyone else for now)
Scene 1: black baground, with these words:
Battlestations: Midway, a real-time strategy game, was released
(Scene then cuts to either the picture we see on game box OR in-game action, your choice of map EST)
It came with 29 historically accurate warships, and 22 historically accurate planes (NOTE: The warship count does NOT include AKs or LSTs, and plane counts does not include Kingfisher or DC-3, since we didn't find those until later)
(Montage of ships. Videos OR pictures will work)
(Starts with PTs, works up. Name of class appears beneath each unit)
Shot of Elco PT probably from Vella Gulf, then shot of Japanese PT, also from Vella Gulf
Then shots of the Narwhal class, Japanese Type B class and Type A midget sub (Under Midget sub name, in parenthesis: unplayable unit)
Then two more shots: one of Fletcher and Clemson together (to keep video a little shorter... but you can do two separate pictures if you want), another of Minekaze and Fubuki (Again... two separate pictures are also option)
Shots of all light cruisers (Atlanta, Cleveland, De Ruyter and Kuma) (Under De Ruyter, in parenthesis: unplayable unit)
shots of Heavy cruisers (York, Northampton, Takao, Mogami, Tone)
Shots of battleships (King George V, New York, Repulse, Kongo, Fuso and Yamato)
Shots of Carriers: (Lexington, Yorktown, Hermes, Akagi and Soryu) (Under Hermes: Unplayable unit)
then switch to planes:
shots of the fighters (P-40 Warhawk, F2A Buffalo, F4F Wildcat, Hawker Hurricane) (Under Hurricane: Unplayable unit)
shots of divebombers: (SBD Dauntless, D3A Val, D4Y Judy)
shots of torpedo bombers (TBD Devastator, TBF Avenger, Fairey Swordfish, B5N Kate)
Shots of level bombers: (B-17 Flying fortress, B-25 Mitchell, G3M Nell, G4M Betty)
shots of recon planes: (PBY Catalina, H6K Mavis, H8K Emily, E13A Jake, F1M Pete)
Later, the Iowa mission Pack gave us 4 more units, and the Midget sub was finally playable
(Using Sibuyan Sea, shots of Iowa, P-38 Lightning, J1N Gekko, and Shimakaze, with class names underneath).
(Another black screen)
Eventually, interest in Midway slowly faded, as did the chance of any more new units.
(second screen) but...
(fades, then third writing)
In late 2010, the Midway Modders finally figured out the key to making new units, and now they are proud to present Midway's newest units:
(Start with lightest ships, then work up. With each picture, name of class is with it)
(after montage of new ships)
These new units are only availible in one place:
Midway Modders Map Pack Three
Availible for download at battlestations.eu
I can also come up with previews for Map Pack three in general (not just focusing on the new units) and the individual maps if you want. All you have to do is ask EST.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Posts this week:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
- Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
- Axis_Crusher : No problem
- Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
- Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
- Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
- Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua
Only registered users are allowed to post